As your partners in health, we want to help you fully understand your diagnosis and treatment options so you can make confident, informed decisions about your dental care. The intraoral camera is a fantastic tool for patient education because it takes pictures of your teeth, which we can then magnify and project on a screen for your viewing. We can even give you a live-feed video tour of your mouth so it’s easy for you to see exactly what we’re seeing to lay out your treatment plan.
With an intraoral camera, you can…
- Become an active partner in your oral health care
- More accurately visualize what steps you need to take to maintain a healthy smile
- Ask more specific questions about your diagnosis and treatment
- Get detailed snapshots of your oral health
- Use the images to reference the progression of your treatment and as proof for insurance
Oral Cancer Detection
According to the Oral Cancer Foundation, oral or pharyngeal cancer claims the life of one American every hour. But when oral cancer is detected in its early stages, the chance of beating it greatly increases. If you have this disease, we want to help you treat it as soon as possible! Our practice uses visual examinations as well as high-tech systems that have special lights to spot any signs of cancerous or pre-cancerous tissue.
With oral cancer detection, you can…
- Increase your chances of finding the disease in its early stages
- Begin treatment sooner if diagnosed for a higher survival rate
- Potentially save your life with a screening that takes just a few minutes
Ultrasonic scalers are the preferred choice for many dentists and dental hygienists when it comes to cleaning teeth. They are highly effective at removing stains, plaque, and tartar, and are great at reaching those hard-to-reach spots. Because of how helpful they are in removing bacteria beneath the gum line, ultrasonic scalers are always used to prevent gum, or periodontal, disease.
With an ultrasonic scaler, you can…
- Get a deep cleaning of your teeth, above and below the gum line
- Enjoy more efficient appointments where you get a thorough teeth cleaning with less time in the dental chair
- Take steps to prevent gum disease
The use of lasers to detect and treat oral concerns is becoming more and more prominent in dentistry. They are powerful and highly precise and can be used for many different things from finding tartar beneath the gums to treating ulcers and cavities. Lasers also don’t have any of the noise or vibration of dental drills, which means a more relaxing experience for patients!
With laser dentistry, you can…
- Enjoy more comfortable, minimally invasive procedures
- Get treatment for both soft tissue problems, like gum disease, as well as hard tissue problems, like cavities
- Receive more accurate diagnoses
T-Scan Bite Analysis
It’s important to have a properly aligned bite so you can avoid dental problems in the future like loose or flattened teeth, receding gums, damaged restorations, or tooth sensitivity. During a T-scan bite analysis, we have you bite down on a thin sensor that detects tooth contact and force. We then use that information to see if there are any problems with your bite.
With a T-scan bite analysis, you can…
- Determine whether you have a “good” or “bad” bite
- Get a more accurate diagnosis regarding the condition of your bite
- See if your bite is what’s responsible for any teeth grinding, toothaches, soreness, or headaches